The Community Enhancement Task Team has been working on various projects to take back and re-define what it means to be from Montbello. Appearances are one thing but we really want to enact change from within by connecting with our neighbors and working on projects that benefit the entire community.
- Great Denver Pick Up
- The CE Task Team participated in the Great Denver Pick Up, where residents were provided a place to dump large items they’d been meaning to throw out.
- District 11 City Council Candidate Forum
- The CE task team organized and hosted the 2015 District 11 City Council Candidate Forum. It is important for residents to have access to candidates and elected officials. Often times our community feels over-looked and creating accessibility is a great way for residents to voice their concerns and actually be heard. It is also a way to collaborate and hold our representatives accountable.
- Children’s Farms of America Clean-Up
- In June, a group of young folks came to Montbello on a service mission. There were about 100 youth and 20 adults from Littleton’s Mission Hills Church ready to work in the community. They helped to collect trash, clean up and paint playgrounds, as well as, build and plant a few flower beds to make our parks and community urban farm more beautiful.
- A Taste of Montbello
- Are you interested in helping organize the next Montbello Neighborhood Celebration, “A Taste of Montbello” in September 2017? Contact the Community Enhancement Task Team at MontbelloOrganizing@gmail.com to get started! The next meeting is June at 6:30 pm at Academy 360, 12000 47th Avenue, Denver, CO 80249. Let’s make this the best community event of the city!