Seasonal Bike Mechanic and Rental Coordinator Position
Department: Community Development
Reports to: Director of Community Development
The Montbello Organizing Committee (MOC) is currently hiring a seasonal bike mechanic and rental coordinator to oversee the operations of the Montbello Electric Bike Library (MEBL). In this role, the bike mechanic and rental coordinator will play a vital role in managing bike rentals, performing repairs and maintenance, and delivering exceptional customer service to our patrons. This is a seasonal position with flexible part-time to full-time hours, and weekend availability is required.
The MEBL offers free electric bike rentals to community members, serving as an innovative and sustainable solution to promote eco-friendly transportation and provide increased access to outdoor recreational activities in Montbello. By spearheading this initiative, MOC is actively working towards the mission of fostering an inclusive and sustainable future for the Montbello community.
- Operate and manage bike rentals, including checking bikes in and out to customers, and ensuring that rental bikes are in good working condition.
- Perform bike repairs and maintenance, including tune-ups, brake adjustments, tire changes, and other basic repairs.
- Maintain accurate records of bike rentals, repairs, and inventory.
- Provide excellent customer service to all patrons, answering questions and providing assistance as needed.
- Help promote the Montbello Electric Bike Library and its programs to the local community.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as needed.
- Experience as a bicycle mechanic, with a minimum of 1 year of experience preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Basic computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Ability to lift and move bikes weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand and work in an active, busy environment for extended periods of time.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred but not required.
- Local candidates from the Montbello community preferred but not required.
The Montbello Organizing Committee offers a competitive hourly wage of $20-25/hr, commensurate with qualifications and experience. The seasonal nature of the position allows for flexible part-time to full-time hours, depending on demand. Additionally, as part of the MOC team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the vibrant cycling community and enjoy the satisfaction of making a positive impact in Montbello. If you feel you are a good fit for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
About Montbello Organizing Committee
The Montbello Organizing Committee is a community-based Community Development Corporation located in Denver, Colorado. Their mission is to empower residents to become leaders and advocates for positive change in their neighborhood. They work to address issues related to community development, food access, community wealth building, mental health, education, housing, and transportation, among others. Through community organizing and engagement, the Montbello Organizing Committee aims to create a vibrant, inclusive, and sustainable community that meets the needs and aspirations of its residents. To learn more, visit www.montbelloorganizing.org.