Montbello Solutions Community Services
We offer no-cost group supports for community members. There are ongoing meetings and short term group meetings in addition to clinical and holistic support.
(Click Description To Register)
BECOME A HOLISTIC WELLNESS PROVIDER WITH MONTBELLO SOLUTIONS
Montbello Solutions is a one of a kind collaborative network comprised of partners organizations, and community service providers dedicated to bringing culturally relevant wellness options to the diverse Montbello Community and people of color. If you have a holistic wellness program that you would like to share with the community please fill out the PROVIDERS SERVICE PROPOSAL (linked below).
STEPS TO GET INVOLVED
- Submit a Proposal for Services – The proposal is an online form that allows providers to highlight the work they would like to do in the community and the impact their work will have on individuals. If the proposal is accepted, providers will then be required to submit the Memorandum of Agreement along with the required documentation.
- Memorandum of Agreement (Providers)- The MOA is the official agreement of services between the Provider and Montbello Organizing Committee. Once the MOA and associated documentation is submitted, you’ll be in the position to receive payment for your group service.
- Conditions of Payment- To receive payment for your group service providers must meet the conditions listed in the MOA. The 2 most important conditions are 1) Provision of ACCORD documentation listing MOC “Montbello Organizing Committee” as “Additionally Insured” on your liability insurance and 2) The recruitment of at least 8 individuals into your group service. (Providers are responsible for their own marketing and recruitment)
- Marketing/Recruitment Support- Montbello Solutions uses a platform called Mobilize which generates social media registration links and allows hosts to communicate with individuals in their group. If you would like to use this platform to market your group service, it is available to network providers.
- Reporting Numbers/ Demographics- As a requirement from the Mental Health grant funders, we are responsible for collecting demographic information about the individuals we serve. (This report must be submitted at the end of the 6-week session. If the report is not submitted, providers will not be considered for a second round of funding)
- Participant Evaluations: As a requirement from funders, Providers are required to gather evaluation surveys from group participants. This survey helps evaluate an individual’s satisfaction and comfortability with the Montbello Solutions programs and their experience with group services. (Surveys must be collected from no less than 80% of all group participants to receive funding for a second round)
ONGOING NETWORK SERVICES
Hosted by Families Against Violent Acts (FAVA)
The FAVA grief support group is an open support group that meets virtually (because of covid restrictions) on every Wednesday. The group is available to anyone who has suffered loss due to the death of a loved one. The group helps members to navigate their journey to healing by defining and sharing the stages of grief as well as allowing attendees to share their personal stories and ask questions regarding the exploration to healing.
We also discuss self care practices, learn about the physical and mental impacts of grief and provide external therapy resources (when requested).There are times when we expand our conversations to include topics such as health and wellness and self rediscovery.
Struggle of Love Foundation Youth Programs
Struggle of Love Foundation is offering an Array of programs through the Love Center located on the 4th floor of Academy 360. 12000 E. 47th Ave. Denver ,CO 80239.
Young Father's Workshop
Mentor and Leadership
Rocky Mountain Soldierz Youth Sports Program
The Whimsical Factory of Global Thinkers
Anime Comic Book
Artists as 1st Responders
Hosted by Colorado Black Arts Movement
Calling All Artists 18yrs and Older! The Colorado Black Arts Movement (CBAM) is piloting the Artists As 1st Responders Initiative the summer of 2021. The Artist As 1st Responders Initiative is an innovative collaborative that will allow artists to work towards obtaining health certifications, while expanding the impact of the arts on addressing the trauma being experienced in Denver, CO and specifically the Montbello community. The Artists As 1st Responders will address the disproportionate health and wellness access and treatments that have plagued our community and many like it throughout the United States and around the world. The application process will open mid-May 2021. Please check Colorado Black Arts Movement FB page for more information.
Sugga & Spice Girls Support Group (13-17)
Hosted by Sonya Beauman
Sonya Beauman challenges young people to think independently, develop self-governance skills, and cultivate a love for all people. She has taught, tutored, volunteered, served on youth committees, advised, and worked with youth from diverse backgrounds for over 28 years. She is currently the CEO of Beauman’s 2ⁿᵈ Chance 4 Change, and Juvenile Program Coordinator for Aurora Municipal Court.
To ensure the success of children and youth she worked tirelessly to encourage youth to work cooperatively to problem-solve, debate, and reach conclusions, while standing beside them as a facilitator of knowledge, carefully orchestrating the process as they discover their interests, talents, and inspirations.
Family Fun Wellness Friday (COMING SOON)
Hosted by Academy 360 & MOC
Family Fun - Wellness Friday Camp is a one day a week opportunity for families to join Academy 360 in a summer camp experience. At least one adult is required to accompany the children for 4 hours of fun - including lunch. Every Friday from 9am-1pm Academy 360 will open their doors to community wellness and family fun. Families will engage in physical activities promoting movement and healthy heartrates and then a fun activity that is good for the mind body and soul! This fun activity can be Art, Movement, Dance, Drumming, Yoga - Each week will be a new surprise!